We’re back with another mouth-watering recipe that’s easy to prepare for friends and family during Iftar. For our third feature, we bring you another crowd favourite, the Saudi Puff Pastry with Meat. This high-protein Iftar dish will surely fill you up and replenish your lost energy after a whole day of fasting.
Iftar Recipe: Saudi Puff Pastry with Meat
For the dough:
3 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons ghee
¾ cup water
For the stuffing:
750 g minced beef
2 medium onions, finely chopped
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cubes MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
2 cups oil for deep frying
- Sift the flour in a large bowl. Make a well in the center and add the ghee and egg.
- Fold in the flour towards the center and gradually add the water while mixing until a dough is formed.
- Divide the dough into 4 portions. Cover and set aside for 1 hour.
- Combine the minced meat with the chopped onion, black pepper, and the dissolved MAGGI Chicken Stock. Mix and set aside.
- Roll out each piece of dough. Using a cup or a small bowl, cut the dough into round pieces.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of the meat mixture into the center of each dough. Fold and seal the edges.
- Deep-fry the meat puffs in 180°C preheated oil until golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Do you have favorite Iftar recipes you’d like us to share? Let us know!